There are already a number of great racing games on the market, but, like Jell-o, there’s always room for one more.
2K Games has announced that it’s working alongside the developers at Visual Concepts (WWE 2K23) on Lego 2K Drive, an “open-world” driving adventure that’s set to arrive on May 19th for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as Nintendo Switch and PC. The game will be available in three different editions, including:
- Standard Edition ($69.99 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, $59.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC)
- Awesome Edition ($99.99) – Includes a new vehicle, vehicle flair, and an in-game LEGO minifigure. Players will also receive the Year 1 Drive Pass, which will introduce an all-new biome, in addition to four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes.
- Awesome Rivals Edition ($119.99) – Includes multiple new vehicles, a vehicle flair, and in-game LEGO minifigures. Players will also receive the Year 1 Drive Pass, which will introduce an all-new biome, in addition to four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes.
In addition, those who pre-order the game can get a special Aquadirt Racer Pack with extra vehicles. It’s already included with the “Awesome” editions, so don’t sweat that.
Here are the key features that break down what to expect from this rad roadster:
- A Story in a Vast Open World – Players will journey across Bricklandia’s multiple unique biome regions as they compete against a series of charismatic rivals with hopes of one day winning the coveted Sky Cup Trophy. In LEGO 2K Drive, players choose how they want to play, with a wide open world to explore full of racing, minigames, challenges, collectibles, things to destroy, and well-known vehicles from LEGO themes like City, Creator, Speed Champions, and more.
- High-Octane LEGO Racing – Racing in LEGO 2K Drive is a fast-paced, off-the-wall experience as players battle across a broad range of tracks while taking advantage of unique power-up abilities that can transform a player’s standing in the race with the touch of a button.
- Unique Customization – LEGO 2K Drive introduces a diverse customization system that allows players to build their own vehicles to suit their tastes, with over 1,000 unique LEGO pieces available over the course of their adventure, in addition to a wealth of color designs, stickers, flairs, and more.
- Play Solo or Together – LEGO 2K Drive offers robust co-op and thrilling competitive multiplayer to enjoy with others. Play with family and friends via local, two-person split-screen or match online with other intrepid racers of similar skill levels.
The trailer is below and really gives you an idea of how much fun you can have with blocks in just under a couple of months!
Need a new console to play Lego 2K Drive on? We’re giving one away!
Leave a Reply