Early reviews have begun to pour in for God of War Ragnarök, and it’s already sounding like it’s one of the best games of the year, if not the best. That said, there are some things that gamers will be able to tinker with when it arrives on November 9th.
Santa Monica Studio recently revealed a number of performance and accessibility options that will be available, including six different visual modes. Yes, one includes a whopping 60 frames per second with 1440p to 2160p, depending on the support of your television. Here’s the mode breakdowns for the PS5 version:
- Favor Performance: 1440p – 2160p, 60 FPS target
- Favor Performance + High Refresh Rate Display: 1440p, unlocked 60 FPS
- Favor Performance + High Refresh Rate Display + Variable Refresh Rate: 1440p, unlocked 60 FPS
- Favor Quality: 2160p (native 4K), 30 FPS target
- Favor Quality + High Refresh Rate Display: 1800p – 2160p, 40 FPS target
- Favor Quality + High Refresh Rate Display + Variable Refresh Rate: 1800p – 2160p, unlocked 40 FPS
“But what if I have the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 4 Pro?” If this is your question, not to worry. These older models support up to 30 frames per second, and the Pro models have a higher quality rate as well, as broken down below.
- Pro Favor Performance: 1080p – 1656p, unlocked 30 FPS
- Pro Favor Quality: 1440p – 1656p, 30 FPS target
- Standard PS4: 1080p, 30 FPS target
So no matter what platform you’re on, God of War Ragnarök will look absolutely beastly. We’ll let you know our take on the game when it arrives next week!
Speaking of a PS5, you can win one from us! (Or another system of your choice.) Simply head here to get details!