Even though the company is pretty quiet following the success of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands earlier this year, Take-Two has some big plans in the years ahead.
A full report from the company indicates that it has over 30 games in development to release over the next four years through 2025. That includes the upcoming Marvel game Midnight Suns, as well as other potential projects. Here’s how it’s broken down:
- Immersive Core: Titles that have the deepest gameplay and the most hours of content. Examples include our key sports franchises (like PGA 2K and NBA 2K) as well as Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption (to name a few).
- Independent: Externally developed Private Division releases.
- Mobile: Any title released on a mobile platform.
- Mid-core: Titles that are either an arcade title (like WWE Battlegrounds) or games that have many hours of gameplay, but not to the same extent as an immersive core title.
- New iterations of prior releases: This includes ports and remastered titles. Sequels would not fall into this category.
Now, with ports, the sky’s the limit. We could see Rockstar Games classics make a return, including Bully and Midnight Club. For that matter, the company also has a portfolio of goodies it could re-release.
As for the newer games, it was rumored that a new Mafia is in development, along with a role- playing game featuring the WWE license and superstars. And we shouldn’t forget that a new Bioshock game is in the works.
So what could we see? Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait this one out and see how it unfolds.
But fingers crossed for the return of Rockstar Table Tennis!
We’re giving away a game console of your choice! Find out how to win here.