It’s hard to believe that a franchise can translate from a 2D format to 3D format without losing any of its original charm. But we’ve definitely seen it with the likes of Mario, Metroid and good ol’ Legend of Zelda. And now, add another one to the list with Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey.
Initially released last year for PlayStation 4, the game features some great puzzle elements that worked so well with the 2D Puzzle games, but in a trailblazing 3D format. And it’s equally fun to play in both regular and virtual reality formats.
Miss out on it? Well, good news – along with being able to get it digitally, you can soon enjoy it in physical format! ININ Games has announced, in partnership with Taito Corporation and
Survios, that it will release Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey in physical format through Strictly Limited Games and Gamesrocket! Both Limited Edition and Collector’s Editions of the game will be available with collectible items, and pre-orders for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions will be available starting tomorrow, April 7th!
Here’s a quick description of the game, as well as what you can expect in case you missed it!
Bubble dragon brothers Bub and Bob are in for a surprise when their island vacation takes an unexpected turn for an epic, bubble-popping adventure in Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey. Explore lush tropical islands, peaceful lakesides and even the pyramids while solving 100 new puzzles in Puzzle Bobble’s first-ever 3D and optional VR experience, the next evolution of the classic Japanese action, puzzle-game franchise! This game is positively bursting with its cheerful design, adorable characters, and timeless, fun gameplay for fans of the series and newcomers alike.
- 100 New Puzzles: Brand new 3D puzzles with special bubbles, fun power-ups and items add more depth and physics for a mind-bending challenge
- Full PSVR Support [optional]: Virtual reality transforms players into a bubble-popping dragon with a first-person perspective, and even physicalized interactions when paired with PlayStation Move controllers. You can switch seamlessly between playing on TV and VR.
- 3 Distinct Puzzle Modes: Master the 100 progressively difficult puzzles in Story Mode, kick back and pop endless puzzles in Infinite Mode, or hop into online 1v1 Duel Mode, which supports matches across PS4, PS5 and PSVR.
- Easy to Pick-Up-&-Play but Challenging to Master: Simple controls and intuitive game mechanics introduces puzzle popping in a fun, non-intimidating way
- Fantastic tunes: Includes an all-new score by Zuntata, the composers for the original series!
Check out the trailer below and indulge in 3D bubble-popping goodness. And, again, VR is optional – you can enjoy this game in its regular way too!
We’re giving away a game console of your choice! Find out how to win here.
Leave a Reply