Back in October, Square Enix announced that it would finally be bringing the Kingdom Hearts collection to the Nintendo Switch sometime this year, albeit in cloud form. Well, good – we think? – news, fans, as the collection has a release date.
Square Enix has confirmed that Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix are all coming to the Switch starting on February 10th. There’s no pricing available just yet, but it wouldn’t surprise us if Square Enix charged about $60 for the whole thing, as they’re currently doing on the PlayStation 4 with its collection.
The following content is included with the collection:
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (cutscenes only)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (cutscenes only)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
- Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie)
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage
Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind
- Kingdom Hearts III with its post-story Re Mind DLC included
It sounds great, but, again, it’s all based in the cloud. While some games – like Hitman III and Control – have played respectably with this service, Square Enix doesn’t have the greatest track record. The company released Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Edition for the Switch late last year, and performance issues plagued it so much that it sent players to other platforms. Fingers crossed they finally have the problem fixed this time.
So if Kingdom Hearts is your thing and you just can’t live without it on the Switch, well, here you go.