With Borderlands set to make a mighty return with the spin-off Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands early next year, we figured it would just be a little bit before Gearbox Software provided some new information about the project. Good news, we have it.
The company talked about some of the new environments that will be introduced within the game, some of which are detailed below. Take a gander!
- Brighthoof is the crown jewel of Queen Butt Stallion’s bodacious queendom and a beacon of light to all who yearn to bunker or be badass. Though diligently protected by the honored Diamond Guard, the capital city of the Wonderlands has (of-late) been brought low by nefarious enemies;
- Butt Stallion’s Castle, Castle Sparklewithers, is brighter than the shiniest stars and more magical than the most majestic mages. The castle glows so brightly, the queendom is bathed in eternal light;
- Sunfang Oasis seems like the ideal reprieve from the unrelenting heat of deserts in the Wonderlands, with its lush foliage, shimmering lagoons, and colossal ruins from civilizations long past. But unwary travelers lured in by these calming sights won’t notice the ever-nearing slither of the ferocious Coiled until it’s too late.
- The Tangledrift beanstalk lifted up entire chunks of earth as its stem grew to pierce the heavens, creating an ecosystem unto itself high above the clouds. Some folks have adapted to this ludicrously lofty lifestyle and made the most of their surprise high-rise homes. But even towns in the sky aren’t out of harm’s reach.
On top of that, we have details on two of the six classes that will be featured within the game.
Say hello to the Stabbomancer and the Brr-Zerker!
- Stabbomancers are sneaky, critical-hit-focused assassins who summon magic whirling blades to the battlefield and disappear into the shadows at will. They are all about creating and capitalizing on opportunities. The skillful Stabbomancer exploits foes’ weaknesses to stealthily strike vital targets to bring enemies down before they know what hit them;
- Brr-Zerkers are tenacious, frost-infused bruisers who complement their firepower with an onslaught of brutal melee attacks. They are hardy warriors who hail from the frozen mountains, with a long line of ancestors who trained their bodies to withstand and even harness the bitter cold of icy winters. In battle, Brr-Zerkers prefer to do their fighting up close and personal, taking point on the front lines as a whirling maelstrom of exceptionally chilly death.
More information on the other classes and possibly weapons is expected in the weeks ahead, leading up to the game’s release on March 25th, 2022 for Xbox and PlayStation platforms, as well as PC. Catch the latest trailer below!
Want to win a PlayStation 5? We’re giving one away!