Illumination’s Super Mario Bros. Movie continues to move along in production, despite happening with COVID-19. And now we know just when we’ll be getting it, too.
The film is set to arrive on December 21, 2022. That’s just about one year from now, which means it’s moving right along. We’ll get a good look at it sooner rather than later, possibly with the Minions prequel, Rise of Gru, which hits theaters next summer.
As for who’s in the voice cast, well, it’s a star-filled array of big names. Let’s run them down really quick.
- Chris Pratt will portray the heroic plumber Mario.
- Anya-Taylor Joy will play Princess Peach.
- Charlie Day brings his comic talents as Luigi.
- Jack Black (yes, Jack Black) is going to make an amazing Bowser.
- Seth Rogen will take over the role of Donkey Kong
- Keegan-Michael Key plays the mighty (?) Toad.
- Fred Armisen will play Donkey Kong’s old man, Cranky Kong.
- Kevin Michael Richardson will play Kamek.
- Sebastian Maniscalco will be Spike.
- While he’s not voicing the Mario character, Charles Martinet will be playing several cameo roles within the film.
That sounds like a loaded cast, so we’ll see just how well the movie comes together in just over a year’s time.
Want to win a PlayStation 5? We’re giving one away!